Success rate on Small Claims Court

Kelly Draycott, Paralegal, can help you for less cost than a lawyer. Just like lawyers, paralegals are licensed and regulated by the Law Society of Upper Canada.

Experience equals Results

Since becoming a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada in 2009, I have concentrated in the areas of Small Claims (Claims up to $35000) and Landlord Tenant Board.

Within the Small Claims court, my main focus has been resolution.

Paralegal Services

With a focus of achieving the best possible result for my client, I take great pride in the fact that I understand both sides of any case. This allows me to achieve the best possible resolution for the client with the least amount of costs. SMALL CLAIMS COURT If you need to sue someone to recover monies owed, property, damages to property or person, etc., you are the Plaintiff. If someone is suing you, you are the Defendant. Currently, the limit of the Small Claims Court limit is $35,000.00. Taking someone to court, or being taken to court, can be an expensive and drawn out process. Kelly Draycott, Paralegal Services offers free consultation for a fair and honest assessment of your particular situation plus the professional advice you need on how to possibly resolve the matter. If you are being taken to court, you must defend yourself, otherwise a Judgment will be rendered against you. Going into court with proper representation, either as the Plaintiff or the Defendant, is in your best interest. Make sure you go in with a professional, experienced, licensed and insured Paralegal. LANDLORD & TENANT BOARD We can help you with:

  • Arrears/eviction Applications
  • Attendances at the Landlord and Tenant Board to adjourn matters, obtain consent orders and conduct hearings
  • Attendance at mediations at the Landlord and Tenant Board
  • Enforcement of Eviction Orders
  • Enforcement of Rent Arrears Orders
  • Notices and Applications in connection with noise/disturbance issues; impaired safety; property damage; demolition
  • Enforcement of Eviction Orders
  • Obtaining and reporting on Eviction Orders and Arrears Judgments
  • Small Claims Court Advocacy and Collections including garnishments

PROCESS SERVING I am experienced in every aspect of the proper methods for the service of court documents. Fast and effective service is an important step in any successful legal action. If you need to serve documents but are unable to locate the opposing party my experience with skip-tracing techniques can be utilized. I also do not shy away from service of documents that may be difficult. I serve many different types of documents including family court, civil and small claims court, criminal court and all forms of summonses and subpoenas. Ask me about special rates for companies or law firms that require multiple documents to be served on a regular basis. NOTARY PUBLIC Do you need a document notarized in a hurry? Do you need a document executed but are not sure about the legal requirements? I can help you understand the specific legal requirements for the document you need executing in Ontario. WHAT IS NOTARY PUBLIC? A Notary Public is an officer of the law and an internationally recognized office. A Notary Public is licenced by the Notaries and Commissioners Act and is able to legally certify and attest to the validity of documents and the execution of a document. A signature and seal from a Notary Public make them valid as proof to judicial and other public authorities. I am able to commission or notarize a wide-range of documents that are used for many different purposes. ​They include:

  • Sworn Statement for a Family Gift of a Used Vehicle in Ontario
  • Ontario Registrant Identification Number
  • Custodianship Declaration – Custodian for Minors Studying in Canada
  • Insurance Proof of Loss Form
  • Parental Consent Letter for Children to Travel Abroad
  • Letter of Invitation for Canada Visitor Visa
  • Royal College of Dental Surgeons (RCDSO) Certificate of Registration Application
  • Certified True Copies of Various Documents
  • OSAP Affidavit
  • Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union
  • Statutory Declaration as part of Application to change an adult’s / child’s name
  • Statutory Declaration to Unite with Extended Family during COVID-19
  • Translator’s Affidavit / Affidavit of Translation
  • Life Certificate / Certificate of Life
  • Statement of Arrears